- A faculty development program on Chemical Process Modeling & Simulation during June 10-15, 2013
- Invited talk by Dr. G. Arthanareeswaran, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Trichy, on Membrane Separation Technologies, on 2nd April 2011, at the Ettimadai campus.
- Dr. G. Madhu, Head, Division of Safety and Fire Engineering, Chemical Engg Group, CUSAT delivered a seminar on 29th March 2011 on the following topics: Safety and Health concerns in chemical process industry; Hazard identification and Risk assessment; Tools for emergency planning in process plants.
- DR. R.M.V.G.K. Rao, formerly Scientist G, Director Grade, & Founder Head of Fibre Reinforced Plastics Division. at National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR), Bangalore, gave six Invited Talks between 21st and 23rd March 2011 on the following topics: Introduction to Advanced Composites, Potentials and Applications Diversity, Property Relationships and Choice, Processing and Manufacture-Different Approaches, Testing, Evaluation and Design Considerations, Advanced Applications and some Case studies.
- Dr. P. Raveendran, Reader, Department of Chemistry, University of Calicut, gave four Invited Talks on Green Chemistry and Green Technologies, on 18th and 19th March 2011. The topics are as follows: Environment and its protection, Alternative solvents, Ionic liquids, Green plastics, Microwave heating, and Green Chemistry and nanosynthesis.
- Dr. Kalyanasundaram, EPFL, Switzerland gave expert lecture series on Solar Photovoltaics from 18thto 23rd March 2011.
- Dr. Madhusudan V. Atre, President & Managing Director, Applied Materials, Bengaluru, India, visited the Ettimadai campus on 8th February 2011 to inaugurate Techfest, ANOKHA events of Chemical Engineering Department.
- Sri. Shekhar Kumar, Scientist G, Nuclear Reprocessing Group, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research gave expert lecture on 22nd January 2011. The topics of the lecture were: (i) Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Reprocessing - An Introduction, and (ii) Design and Development of Nuclear Solvent Extraction Equipment.
- Dr. Sriram Devanathan conducted a one-day workshop on Design of Experiments for students of IV Year B.Tech Chemical Engineering at Amrita University, Coimbatore campus, on 19th January, 2011.
- Dr. Alok Ray from Stanford India Biodesign (India), IIT Delhi visited the department on 23rd April 2010 to discuss the possible research areas of common interest.
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham jointly organized the International Conference on Photochemical Conversion of Solar Energy, during 30 - 31, March 2010.
- Dr. Lakshmi Vaideeswaran, of Dow Chemical International Pvt Ltd gave a guest lecture on 12th February 2010.
- Dr. A.V. Rama Rao, CMD of Avra Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, gave a guest lecture on 30th January 2010.
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science organized a one-day program on Career Opportunities in Chemical Technology by Dr. N.S. Venkat Raman and Mr. P. Shyamasundar of Nandini Chemicals Consultancy Center, Chennai in collaboration with CIR for all students of chemical engineering in and around Coimbatore on 23rd January 2010.
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science organized a guest lecture on Role and function of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board by Mr. S. E. Kannan, Director, Safety Research Institute, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board, IGCAR, Kalpakkam, Chennai On 31st October 2009.
- A two day national conference on Smart Electronic Materials and Devices during 23-24, October 2009.
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science organized a one day guest lecture series on 29th August 2009. Dr. S. Antony Swamy, Head, MPCS, CG, IGCAR, Kalpakkam gave guest lectures on Nanocrystalline nuclear materials / nano nuclear ceramics, nuclear materials (Fabrication and Thermochemistry) and phase equilibria (theory and experimental methods), and solution thermodynamics. Dr R.V. Subba Rao delivered lectures on Fundamentals of Separation Sciences and Solvent Extraction, Ion Exchange, Liquid Membranes, and Process Chemistry Aspects of Spent Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing.
- A two day national symposium on Water for All in collaboration with Indian Desalination Association co-sponsored by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS) and supported by Tamil Nadu Institute of Urban Studies (TNIUS) during 5- 6, February 2009.